How To Pay Your Statement and Other FAQ

The Fort Collins-Loveland Water District and South Fort Collins Sanitation District combine their monthly bills into one easy statement for customer residing in both districts. Customers may pay their bill in several different ways. Below we have listed all the payment types and methods we can accept.

Pay by phone
Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) payments are accepted by phone. Please call (970) 226-3104 and use extension 1 for Billing. Our District office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Pay inside our administration office
Check, money order, cash, and credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) payments are accepted at the District office located at 5150 Snead Drive. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Drop box at the district office
You may put your payment in the District drop box. The drop box is located at the front of the building, at 5150 Snead Drive, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The drop box is checked repeatedly during business hours. This is the only FCLWD drop box we have.

U.S. mail
You may pay your bill using the U.S. Postal Service. The payment must be by check or money order (Please no cash by mail). Make your check payable to “FCLWD”.

Fort Collins-Loveland Water District
P.O. Box 912849
Denver, CO 80291-2849

The option to pay your bill online is located under the “Pay My Bill” option

On August 1, 2017, the FCLWD & SFCSD launched a new and improved way to view your monthly statement and pay your bill online. Payments can be made by selecting the option to “Create an Account” by using the Billing ID located below the Account Number on your billing statement. The enrollment process only takes a few minutes and for your protection, your Billing ID information will not be given over the phone so please have your information ready.
No time to register? Select “Checkout as guest” to make a payment using your Account Number. This option is available through the link below.
Pay My Bill Site

Automatic bank withdrawal
Your monthly payment can be automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account on the due date indicated on your bill. Please complete an ACH Agreement for Auto Pay and return it to FCLWD with a voided check. Customers who sign up for the automatic withdrawal will continue to receive their monthly bill in order to track their usage. The bill will include a reminder that the bill will be automatically paid on the due date.

Please Note : The automated payment system WILL NOT REMAIN IN EFFECT once the account is closed, the FINAL bill WILL NOT be automatically deducted from your financial institution. Once you’ve been notified of a pending deduction, automatic payments can not be stopped. So if you are cancelling the Automatic Bank Withdrawal it will take at least a month to unenroll you from the system.

Budget billing
Billings are averaged out with an annual reconciliation in November of each year. Accounts must have a zero balance before starting the program. Accounts that become delinquent while participating in the budget billing program, will be removed from budget billing and ineligible to re-enroll until 12 months of good payment history is reached. Contact the billing department at (970) 226-3104 ext.126 to sign up, or call us for additional information.

Water & Sewer Rates

Click here to see our water & sewer rates. 

District policies regarding Move In/Move Out

Stopping and Starting Service
Contact us at (970) 226-3104 to stop or start service. We need one business day advance notice in order to process the order. If you are stopping service we will need a forwarding address for your final bill. The Districts do not charge a set-up fee or collect a deposit.

Owner Notification Service
This service alerts the property owner when a tenant becomes delinquent on their account. This helps property owners reduce their liability and avoid liens on the property. State statute allows for the placement of a perpetual lien on property for unpaid water and sanitary sewer bills.

For additional information contact the District office at (970) 226-3104 ext #100.

Change of Ownership
Please contact the District office as soon as you are aware that there will be a change in ownership of your property in order to ensure that we schedule a final read on your closing date. You will need to provide us with a forwarding address for the final bill on the property.

In order to provide clear title to the property at the time of the sale, your title company should contact us and we will provide them with an Estimated Final Request  to be collected at closing. When the final bill is prepared we will include the payment made at closing. If there are any credits we will issue you a refund check, or if there is money still owed on the account you will receive a bill that says “Final Bill” on it.

Change in Tenant
Tenants can accept responsibility for payment for the water and sewer service at the property they are renting by contacting the District office.

If a tenant requests that their name be removed from an account, the account becomes the property owner’s responsibility.

The FCLWD & SFCSD attempt to collect final bills from tenants, but in the event the bill is noncollectable the bill becomes the responsibility of the property owner. Failure to pay the final bill will result in interruption of service to the property address.

Additional Info

ACH Instruction
ACH Agreement for Auto Pay
Pay My Bill Site

District Delinquency Policy 

The Fort Collins-Loveland Water District (FCLWD) reads water meters and sends out bills each month. Current charges shown on the bill are due on the due date printed on the invoice. Any balance due from prior months is shown as a previous balance. Previous balances are overdue and generate a $5.00 late fee.

FCLWD will notify customers of an overdue balance by sending a delinquency notice. Property owners that provide contact information will receive notification of an overdue balance owed by their tenants. For further information about this rental property service please call our office and talk with a customer service representative.

The delinquency notice has an abbreviated due date, shorter than a current monthly bill. If payment is still not made by the date shown on the delinquency notice, a door hanger is delivered to the property and a customer service charge of $20.00 is applied to the account. The door hanger is the final attempt to collect outstanding charges before water service is terminated.

Customers receiving a door hanger must make their payment by 9:00 AM on the day specified on the door hanger. If payment is not received, water service is terminated and additional fees may apply.

Customers who have their water shut off and pay in full before 3:30 PM may have their water service restored during our regular business hours. A $50.00 fee applies if service is restored between 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM. No service will be restored after hours.

Customers who wish to make payment arrangements should contact the FCLWD office before their water service is shut off. Once water service has been terminated, the service fee and all past due charges must be paid before water service is restored.